The Top 5 Earring Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
Though there are thousands of predictions about what the accessory and jewelry trends for the new year will be, to anyone who has paid close attention to the Spring/Summer 2018 fashion shows, one thing is clear: ear bling is back!
But what kind of earrings, exactly?
Huggie or dangle, structured or asymmetric, we’re absolutely sure you’ll find at least one pair that suits your style and personality among these alternatives.
1. Stud earrings
Some say they are too simple or understated, but the truth is that stud earrings give an air of elegance to anyone wearing them provided the wearer knows how to pull them off:
- Stud earrings are easy to combine with necklaces and other accessories, and won’t stretch your ears like hanging earrings do.
- When you buy stud earrings, make sure they complement a number of outfits in your wardrobe. Pearl or even simple gold studs can perfectly match almost any dress or casual outfit.
But we must admit, our top pick will always be diamond stud earrings like these:
2. Hoop Earrings
Hoops are definitely on trend, but if we take a quick look back, we’ll realize they’ve never really gone away. They are as relevant today as they were in the disco era of the ‘60s and ‘70s (and yes, we all know they’re also an ode to the ‘90s, and we’re proud).They are timeless classics for a couple of reasons:
- Want to be the center of attention? With their large and prominent profile, hoops draw attention up to your face.
- Now that eyes are on you, the curves of hoops are extra flattering to your features, helping define your jaw and cheekbones.
Summer isn’t as far off as it seems: imagine yourself rocking these rose gold and diamond hoop earrings during those endless, party-filled summer evenings.
3. Drop/ Dangle Earrings
This is a far more diverse category than studs or hoops and includes pieces fit for any festive or casual occasion. If you want to keep it classic, pick an elegant diamond design dropping just below the earlobes.
- Dangle earrings have a very feminine touch and complement round and heart-shaped faces. They elongate your face and make it look slimmer.
- Keep in mind, though, that you must choose a pair of dangles which will actually dangle: stay away from anything long enough to brush your shoulders, or it will lose its hang (and elegance).
Everybody knows there’s nothing like the perfect pair of drop diamond earrings.
4. Chandelier Earrings
As you might know, chandelier earrings get their name from dangling chandelier lamps, designed not only to light up the room, but to have a dramatic, stunning impact of their own.
They never go out of style and that’s why we’re so confident to say that you must own at least one pair of these to stand out during 2018.
However, make sure you choose one that suits your style, and that you make them the statement piece of your look. You could probably wear a matching bracelet or ring, but definitely avoid necklaces at all costs.
Nobody wants to look like a Christmas tree.
And now that pearls are back, take a look at this pair of chandelier earrings with white and black diamonds and black pearls. Breathtaking.
5. Huggie Earrings
Women everywhere love huggies. They might even be the most popular type of earring on the planet. Why? They perfectly blend the ease of studs and the elegance of chandelier earrings:
- Huggies wear like studs, but their pin fastens to a hinge instead of a backing, making them even more secure.
- Like chandeliers, they hang loose, but resting close to your earlobes, they never reach your shoulders or your jawline, for they are very close to your earlobes.
One of the best features of huggies is that you can wear them every day, with a pair of jeans or a very elegant gown.
Many people are prone to allergic reactions when wearing huggie earrings made of cheap, plated materials, so make sure that the ones you purchase are crafted from pure, high quality metals and stones, such as gold or diamonds. Or even better: gold and diamonds. This pair right here is a good example.
Huggies can bring a unique edge to your style: you’re not limited to the usual conventions. You can look casual, cool, chic, and stylish, all at the same time.
Earrings will be the essential component of every outfit in your wardrobe in 2018. Find your favorite styles, and don’t skip them: they’ll complete your unique, unforgettable look.
For more beautiful, handcrafted Italian jewelry, visit www.zydo.com. Be eternal.